Why study this course?
The programme is designed to be theologically and biblically rich, vocationally oriented, ecumenically sensitive and integrated with practical experience, so that students may apply what they learn to the challenges of contemporary life and context. Students will receive a comprehensive foundation in the four key areas of study to stimulate critical thinking and gain a deeper knowledge of their faith; in addition, they will acquire skills for a variety of church-based ministries and other related areas. Students may complete the programme in 3 years.
This course is delivered by HKSKH Ming Hua theological College in partnership with Charles Sturt University. Upon completion, the qualifications will be awarded by Charles Sturt University.
This course is an eligible course under the Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme
- Applicants must fulfil one of the following requirements:
- Aggregate score of 13 in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education(HKDSE); OR
- Pass two subjects in Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE); OR
- Prior study at University with successful completion of at least two subjects; OR
- Demonstrated industry experience (e.g. work in church or NGO-type ministry, nursing or related healthcare disciplines and school teaching) of at least two years, plus a letter of motivation and two letters of reference. And
English language proficiency
- IELTS 6.5 (at least 6.0 in each component); OR
- Level 4 in HKDSE English Language; OR
- Grade D in HKALE Use of English
Students must complete 24 subjects (192 points) made up as follow:
15 core subjects:
- 9 x Level 1 subjects (THL1xx)
- 2 x Level 2 subjects (THL2xx)
- 4 x Level 3 subjects (THL3xx)
Select 9 electives:
- A minimum of 2 x Level 2 subjects – at least 1 x Level 2 subject in Biblical Studies and at least 1 x Level 2 subject in Systematic Theology
- A minimum of 2 x Level 3 subjects
Enrolment & Enquiries
Please contact Ms. Yasti Cheng
Tel: (852) 2521 7708
This is a registered course (Reg. No. 212740) under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.
* Tuition fee and other fees are subject to review at the time of enrolment