Why study this course?
The programme is designed to be theologically and biblically rich, vocationally oriented, ecumenically sensitive and integrated with practical experience, so that students may apply what they learn to the challenges of contemporary life and context. Students will receive a comprehensive foundation in the four key areas of study to stimulate critical thinking and gain a deeper knowledge of their faith; in addition, they will acquire skills for a variety of church-based ministries and other related areas. Students may complete the programme in 3 years.
This course is delivered by HKSKH Ming Hua theological College in partnership with Charles Sturt University. Upon completion, the qualifications will be awarded by Charles Sturt University.
This course is an eligible course under the Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme
- Applicants must fulfil one of the following requirements:
- Aggregate score of 13 in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education(HKDSE); OR
- Pass two subjects in Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE); OR
- Prior study at University with successful completion of at least two subjects; OR
- Demonstrated industry experience (e.g. work in church or NGO-type ministry, nursing or related healthcare disciplines and school teaching) of at least two years, plus a letter of motivation and two letters of reference. And
English language proficiency
- IELTS 6.5 (at least 6.0 in each component); OR
- Level 4 in HKDSE English Language; OR
- Grade D in HKALE Use of English
Students are required to complete 24 subjects. The students must complete 11 foundation subjects first before proceeding to the 11 core subjects; additionally, students should choose 2 out of 6 electives to complete their degree programme; alternatively, students may choose to complete the Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) programme offered at Ming Hua to receive credit transfer which is equivalent to 2 electives.
|Biblical Studies||Systematic Theology||Church History||Pastoral & Practical Theology|
|THL100||INTRODUCTION TO BIBLICAL LANGUAGES||THL111||INTRODUCTION TO CHRISTIAN THEOLOGY||THL131||THE RISE OF CHRISTIANITY TO 600 CE||THL115||LITURGICAL THEOLOGY|
|THL105||INTRODUCTION TO THE OLD TESTAMENT STUDIES||THL113||BEING THE CHURCH||THL132||THE EUROPEAN REFORMATIONS 1400-1700||THL120||PRACTICAL THEOLOGY|
|THL106||INTRODUCTION TO THE NEW TESTAMENT STUDIES|
|THL208||THE SYNOPTIC GOSPELS||THL215||JESUS THE CHRIST|
|Core||THL209||WISDOM & WORSHIP TRADITIONS||THL245||GOD, HUMANITY & DIFFERENCE||THL155||RELIGIOUS LIFE IN CHINA||THL218||CHRISTIAN MINISTRY|
|THL307||THE JOHANNINE LITERATURE||THL316||THE TRIUNE GOD||THL355||HISTORY OF CHRISTIANITY IN CHINA||THL228||PASTORAL CARE|
|THL308||THE PROPHETIC LITERATURE||THL326||THEOLOGICAL ETHICS|
|Elective||THL203||PAUL & HIS LETTERS||THL341||GUIDED RESEARCH||THL330||GLOBAL CHRISTIANITY||THL366||CHRISTIAN EDUCATION|
|THL361||INT’L STUDY EXPERIENCE|
|Credit Only||THL221||CLINICAL PASTORAL EDUCATION|
Enrolment & Enquiries
Please contact Ms. Nicolle Fok
Tel: (852) 2536 7516
This is a registered course (Reg. No. 212740) under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.
* Tuition fee and other fees are subject to review at the time of enrolment