Why study this programme?
Master of Theology provides advanced critical knowledge and skills in the theological disciplines, and their application to contemporary society and church. Students will emerge from the programme with a sound knowledge base, well-honed critical skills, and a facility in theological methodologies. Building on previous theological study, students will achieve a high level of professional development, independent judgement and creative thinking.
This course is delivered by HKSKH Ming Hua theological College in partnership with Charles Sturt University. Upon completion, the qualifications will be awarded by Charles Sturt University.
This course is an eligible course under the Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme
- Hold a Bachelor degree in Theology (or AQF equivalent); OR
- Have obtained a Credit average or higher in a Graduate Diploma of Theology or an Australian Qualifications Framework equivalent course in Theology or Divinity. And
English language proficiency:
- IELTS 6.5 (at least 6.0 in each component); OR
- Level 4 in HKDSE English Language; OR
- Grade D in HKALE Use of English
The Master of Theology consists of 5 or 6 subjects (96 points). Students can choose between a Coursework or a Research option:
1) Coursework option (6 subjects)
Students should complete the core subject, THL501 Guided Research (16 points), plus 5 electives (80 points).
2) Research option (5 subjects)
Students should complete two core subjects, THL514 Theological Hermeneutics (16 points) and THL650 Theology Masters Coursework Dissertation (32 points), plus 3 electives (48 points) including THL501 Guided Research.
All students must choose at least two electives (32 points) from one dicipline area (Biblical Studies/Systematic Theology/Church History/Practical Theology).
Phone (852) 2521 7708
Whatsapp 5995 9695
This is a registered course (Reg. No. 212741) under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.
* Tuition fee and other fees are subject to review at the time of enrolment